Publish Our Stories
Yes, unless otherwise noted, you’re welcome to republish InvestigateWest’s original articles and photographs for free, provided you follow just a few conditions:
- You have to credit both the author and InvestigateWest in the byline. We prefer “Author Name, InvestigateWest.”
- You have to include the tagline provided at the end of the article, which typically reads, “InvestigateWest (invw.org) is an independent news nonprofit dedicated to investigative journalism in the Pacific Northwest. Visit invw.org/newsletters to sign up for weekly updates.”
- You can write your own headlines as long as they accurately reflect the story.
- You can’t edit our work except to reflect your own editorial style or to update time elements (changing “yesterday” to “last week,” for instance).
- You can use InvestigateWest artwork (photos, illustrations, etc.) only if you publish them alongside the stories with which they originally appeared and do not change them.
- If you share our stories on social media, we’d appreciate being tagged in your posts.
Keep in mind: InvestigateWest sometimes republishes articles from other news outlets and we have no authority to grant republication permission. These stories are identifiable by their bylines and other credits.